Tuesday 18 August 2020

GUEST POST, WHAT KIND OF MIRROR by Ron Heckert





What kind of mirror is this anyway?

And another day became another day.

I am writing this for posterity, to look back on in future times, better times hopefully, but worse isn’t wholly unlikely.

This space ship to Mars just keeps on travelling. 

There is an end to this journey, eventually, but whatever. 

On this day here I was/am/be, bored and uneasy, in my little spacetime travelling pod.

I drink a hard seltzer or two. 
I smoke a bit of pot.

I find myself at this daily; a drink, or two, or three; a hit, or two, or four. 

I play video games in VR. 
I play guitar. 
I talk to my co-inhabitants. 
I rotate, from station to station every half hour or so.

I look at awful facebook videos of awful people being awful.

What kind of a mirror is this, anyway?

I walk in circles.
I talk in half thoughts.
I smoke cigarettes and I KNOW it’s gross and may give me cancer.

I think boring thoughts in a stream.
I pause to pee in a stream.

The stream is not a brook, but it babbles as much as my prostate will allow.

My mind babbles too, constantly.

What kind of mirror is this, anyway?

It’s all I got.

This fool was alive, once.






from media.vam.ac.uk
Claude Glass/Black Mirror, an old tool used by artists to "filter ...

No comments:

Post a Comment