Thursday 5 April 2012

RESOLUTIONS

i am harmless but my face is fucking grim sometimes
nothing here is making sense to me

i am collecting up empty boxes for Linda 
she’s moving
i never met her before
but
i talk to her about it all
and
she's not that interesting

but
this is me trying;
I AM TRYING i say 
to god/to no god at all/to the thin ether and hefty firmament
and 
to my booze swelling belly

i am talking 
telling Linda about the bold and dangerous dole days
of the morning Tennets Super in red tattooed hands
and 
of the 
woman who whispered to me

Can You Read?

she is not interested in me trying TRYING
out loud and COMMUNICATING
beyond my 
usual blind grunts and swift deflecting quips

i assume everything is effortless for her

i am 
noticing resolutions appear/so richly and finely detailed
from the very amber and ice 
they seek to restrict

i scribble them on my hands in crayon

this 
is me 
trying

anyway

No comments:

Post a Comment