Monday 15 February 2021

BOOZE SONATA VOL1 WORMHOLE



those
tiles
over the pub urinal
i saw them crack
under the pressure
of my supporting hand

i remember 
crumbling dust 
ceramic fragments
dusting my white knuckles


~


i remember zipping up
i remember stepping back

the tiles werent tiles
they were lino
but stamped like tiles

no cracks there
no knuckle dust

& no urinal either

was a broom cupboard


~


i remember coming out the cupboard 
to barstaffs sarcastic applause
i remember my composure 
was rock solid
like a drunk-numb dover cliff

& i lit a cigarette
& i went to the pool table
& to all my drinks there

but there was no
pool table

was a crammed refurb gastro slot


~


i remember a waiter
he told to take my smoke outside

& i did

blue cue chalk 
on my
pissy smoking fingers

easter island composure
weathering the london dark







photo Night Dark courtesy of the Dagenham Archives



No comments:

Post a Comment