Wednesday 29 November 2017

NEW YORK MEMORY



hotel steps
midtown

wired

sat on carpet wet from snow

it
soaks
into
my
jeans

and tho i took something to help
its just a memory in my liver now

~

meat 
packing 
district

the playground of kuklinski

and yes
planting a garden
on disused el tracks
is a wonderful idea
but its winter
and its not finished

and
all
there is here for me 
is my hangover

a
sense
of
stressed 
suspension  

and a tease of snow

~

diner
corner table
union square

sport on 100
tv screens

and

sweat and gag and drool
with toxicity and nerves
over
my
grilled cheese
and
gins

i dont want to be anywhere
anywhere at all

but am impatience
to get started

~

its
the airport you see

and the sky
calling for me

flight - 
that thin science
in nowhere time

it
calls
for
me
by name 
and gate

and sucks all and any 
fermented joy
from
the
last 
winter-spring
new york 
day




Image result for jfk airport

from amny.com

No comments:

Post a Comment