Friday 13 June 2014

MY CAT



my cat is the sweetest cat in the world / no really / he waits on the hot windowsill for me when my eight hours are up / in i come / he flops on the hall rug / stretching out like a cuddle whore / wants a belly tickle 

we're watching tv sat on the floor / me and my lady having supper / he gets up on the sofa behind us / he doesnt whine for food or anything / he puts his head between us / rests on our shoulders 

he wakes up purring / he sleeps on her pillow in her hair / wakes up purring / he's so happy we're there

he fell asleep / my hand on his paws / me asleep too / his head on my hand / one little canine peeps out and touches my skin / 
he looks wise but not when that canine pops out 

he runs / like a madman / then he stops / sudden / dead / cleans himself like there was no rush at all 

he jumped in the shower once / water running / and he drinks any water / oily bath water / the bucket by the porch door with the fag ends in

his friend tigerface / maybe not his friend really / when tigerface comes round / starts sniffing at the food bowl my cat  just walks off all shy / and if he's out on garden patrol when tigerface comes sniffing round the food bowl / he waits in the distance till he's done and gone / then runs in 

when his bowl is nearly empty he has a look or nerves on his wise face / paces / wondering about his GoCat

he's still a good mouser / he plays with them mean / till their little hearts give out and he abandons them / a gift for me curled under the coffee table

he saw the last days of me drinking / he watched all the seasons of Lost on my lap / most of 24 too / snoring like an old man / and if theres thunder then its behind the toilet / crouched low and still / lost eyes / waiting for kind words

and when he looks at me / when i'm here writing / or watching the tube or spaced in the comfy chair / whatever / his gaze is long and steady and disturbingly adoring 



No comments:

Post a Comment