Tuesday 24 March 2020

THE ADVENTURES OF A FORD CALLED DAGENHAM, NOIR REDUX





wires
they got crossed

like they say

indoor fog
falls down
the days face

you know the kind

like cotton wools
clogging the
hippocampus

tell me something i dont know

my names ford dagenham
im a writer
and dawns is behind me

i get the call
uptown they say
we been compromised

tell me something i dont know

i look at my hand
it holds a mobile
lines open

naked phone - i think
naked phone - i write it down
underline it - a title

my names ford dagenham
im a writer

anyway i got a title
before lunch too
and im dry
so very dry

but us ?
we are compromised
for sure

i get the dial tone
on my naked phone
disconnected by the fuckers uptown

and well i got a title
before lunch too and the rest
well the rest
its on the streets of course

and can stay there
for all i care






from booksamillion.com






No comments:

Post a Comment