Monday 26 November 2018

I JUST DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH MYSELF



flat drunk on north london rental lino thats bubbled and uneven and beer sticky

chicken shop and bottle shop are four feet away from the front door down the adverse camber of the stairs

we watch an empty jameson bottle roll down the incline of the double-aspect living rooms mistake

and the white stripes bacharach & david cover
of i just dont know what to do with myself is lodged in my frontal lobe

its my own hysterical itch dulled by the eternal st pancras construction drills

~

suddenly 
               inspired 
                        i get on myspace
   on music forums

            on fan pages

         on the detroit personals

strongly urging the white stripes to next cover 

      the cheers theme song 

     to please 
        please 
      cover 
  the cheers theme song 
  
   because i can already hear it 
       like you already made it

its my own hysterical itch dulled by the hangover trains and signing on

~

15 or whatever years later still they havent but still i can still hear it still

have to go to third man myself

will take cliff

he can tell me about his nixon potato and i can explain my hysterical itch to him

on the way to nashville






Cheers - John Ratzenberger as Cliff - Sitcoms Online Photo ...

from sitcomsonline.com




No comments:

Post a Comment