Thursday 9 August 2018

GUEST POST - MY NURSE & I BY MAB JONES



My Nurse & I
after Frida Kahlo



                             Upon this tit I sip, whilst           Mother
                        poses a blank, her face an
                        unmarked grave above me.

                             Her eyes are lidded slits
                                    whilst mine, too dry,
                      endeavour to drink the world.

                      Her body is earth; her breast
                       swells to a tree, suckling my
                         bone-seeded urge. Hunger

                              is all & all I am. The sky
                              swimming with milk as I
                                 suck the universe dry.



Image 5 | Frida Kahlo, My Nurse and I/Mi nana y yo, 1937 ...

my nurse & i by freda kahlo



you can visit Mab Jones here - https://mabjones.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment